Now taking enrollments for 2016
Children’s Flamenco Classes.
A unique and forward thinking , program filled with culturally based multi-modal activities.
LIKE our Childrens Flamenco page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlamencoForKidsAUSTRALIA
Small classes, personal attention
Spanish Dance, songs, music, books, arts and crafts
Play based learning aligned to the EYLF guidelines and Early Childhood education Australia, influenced by Montessori and Steiner philosophies.
Small intimate classes!
Educative Spanish fun
- Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships
- High expectations and equity
- Respect for diversity
- Ongoing learning and reflective practice
- Holistic approaches
- Responsiveness to children
- Learning through play
- Intentional teaching
- Learning environments
- Cultural competency
- Continuity of learning and transitions
- Assessment for learning
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of well being
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
For further information about the EYLF
See link – www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/resource_themes/eylf_early_years_learning_framework.html (DEEWR, 2009)
This is the only Spanish Flamenco education centre based on research and theory in child development of its kind in Australia. The program is forward thinking in its approach ensuring the immersion and education practises of Spanish language and Flamenco Dance is holistic and reflective.
Flamenco dance classes for children are full of fun.
- FUN: They will learn traditional dances, cool choreography and castanets.
BENEFITS: Enhance both their fine and gross motor skills.
- FUN: The children will use their bodies, feet, arms and hands all at the same time and in time with the music.
BENEFITS: This is fantastic in developing a multifaceted level of concentration.
- FUN: All the children’s teachers are native Spanish speakers who use games and songs to develop an understanding of the Spanish language.
BENEFITS: Introduce your children to an additional language.
Flamenco Dance Classes – Northern Beaches and CBD
The children’s classes are fun and educational. A traditional flamenco dance is adapted for each level developed as the child’s technique matures.
What to Wear
- Flowy skirts for the girls
- Pants for the boys
- Hard closed shoes/boots
- A bottle of water… They will get thirsty!
Term Payments ONLY
- 8 – 10 Week Terms
- Full term payment is due at the beginning of each term/course.
- How to Pay?
- Direct to the Instructor
- Electronic Funds Transfer:
Account Name: Marina L Phillips
BANK: Commonwealth Bank Ryde
BSB: 062 245
Credit cards accepted via Paypal.
Class Terms and Agreement
- Fees to be paid by second week of term. A late fee of $50 will apply for payments received after this time.
- Makeup classes are available at all studios but must be not be carried into the following term.
- Management reserves the right to change class times.
- Instructors reserve the right to deny any student access to a class if found in breech of the Code of Conduct.
- All parents must read our Code of Conduct document, AVAILABLE HERE and ensure their children understand how to behave in class.
Flamenco Class Timetable Children
» 4:00pm to 5:00pm – Junior Advanced (Brookvale/Freshwater)
» 5:00pm to 6:00pm – CHILDREN Snr Advanced (Brookvale/Freshwater)
» 6:00pm to 6:30pm – CHILDREN Advanced castanets, Manton , baston technique (Brookvale/Freshwater)
»7:00pm to 8:30pm – Adults Advanced (Brookvale/Allambie)
» 4.00pm to 4:45pm Junior Absolute Beginners (Brookvale/Freshwater)
» 5:00pm to 6:00pm – CHILDREN Intermediate (Brookvale/Freshwater)
» 6:00pm to 6:30pm – CHILDREN Intermediate Castanets (Brookvale/Freshwater)
» 7:00pm to 8:00pm – ADULT Beginners 2 (Brookvale/Allambie)
» 8:00pm to 9:00pm – ADULT Absolute Beginners (Brookvale/Allambie)
FEES: Fee $17.50 per session Ages 6+ years. The studio is conveniently located NEXT TO Westfield Warringah Mall